Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Introducing the PJ Candy Store

If everyone followed my suggestions in "Documents to give CPAs," you're wondering what's the best way to spend your tax-return. I've got the answer for you.

If y'all look below and on the sidebar, you'll notice something called The PJ Candy Store. Yup, it's exactly what you'd imagine. Everything we could ever covet in the viz biz.

It's organized for maximum speed. If you know what you want, you should be able to find it within a few clicks without sorting through piles of point-and-shoots and other stuff you don't need or want. I don't want to waste anyone's time. I personally combed through all the junk to find the best photojournalism equipment and get it into your hands as fast and efficiently as possible.

Although the PJ Candy Store is still under construction, it's functional. I've already selected about twice as many items as are currently in the store, but it takes a while to code and organize everything. Consider this an invitation to shop in a friend's camera store before it opens to the public.

Since y'all are the first to see it, let me explain how it works. If you decide to purchase something through the Amazon links provided, I get credit for the sale and get a tiny portion of the sale. Technically, Fayrouz gets the tiny portion and buys more books. Nonetheless, those are some books I don't have to buy. :-)

If you're kind enough to go to Amazon through the PJ Candy Store to buy items not listed, I still get credit for any purchases. So, if you really need a blender, click on a camera, search for your blender and we're both happy.

There is no additional charge for this service. You pay the same amount you would pay if you accessed Amazon directly. I'm simply and quickly guiding you to the best equipment they have available on their site for pro PJs and advanced amateurs.

Enough for now,

4 comments:

cehwiedel said...

Mark,

Gah! I had to take my husband along with me to the camera store to keep me from buying anything while checking out tripods. Now you open the PJ's Candy Store when I'm alone and vulnerable! You're cruel...

Mark M. Hancock said...

All the more reason to charge a fair-to-decent price for your work. Then, all the goodies are merely expenses. No hubby restraing devices are necessary. ;-)

Marie said...

HEavy sigh. You have just completely blown my evening. I can't quit clicking...this list is so much better than eating M&M's.

Mark M. Hancock said...

Oooh... Now imagine clicking through the list AND eating M&Ms. Yeah baby. ;-}