Saturday, September 22, 2007

Dallas Cowboys visit Orange


Photos by Mark M. Hancock / © The Beaumont Enterprise

Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders Misty Duncan (from left to right) and Christina Parker talk with Bay Quebodeaux, 9, during an autograph session at David Self Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Inc. in Orange on Tuesday, Sept. 4, 2007.


Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones (right) talks to West Orange-Stark High School coach Dan Hooks (left) at David Self Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Inc. in Orange. Jones was in town to promote his team, Ford and the Player of the Week program.

Why would the Cowboys visit Orange, Texas?
Cowboys' new head coach Wade Phillips is from Orange, Texas.

Who else might be from around here?
Former Cowboys head coach Jimmy Johnson is from Port Arthur.

Phillips is the third head coach from Texas. Y'all might have heard of the other one. His name is Tom Landry.

Landry and Johnson each won two Super Bowls for the Cowboys. The Cowboys have won five Super Bowls. So, four of five wins are from Texas coaches and two of five are already from Southeast Texas.

I think Jones may be expecting at least another pair from the son of Houston Oilers' former coach "Bum" Phillips. In regular season play this year, the Cowboys are 2-0.

However, I still haven't watched an NFL game (or bought Canon products) since the NFL vestvertising program. Yes, it's small, and PJs can put tape over the logo, but it's still silly.

Enough for now,

4 comments:

Bryon Houlgrave said...

Mark, this is your conscience. Buy a Canon. It will make your life better. Buy a Canon. Buy a Canon.

:-)

BTW, I'm shooting with a Nikon F1 while my Canon is getting a SECOND shutter housing unit put in. :-(

Bryon Houlgrave said...

D1, I mean.

Mark M. Hancock said...

I seriously see JVC in my future. In the short and infrequent time I've been shooting mini-video, I've already seen too many missed stills. Video is the future. JVC is bringing it fastest with the highest quality (this week).
I need to add a lot more products to the Candy Store. ;-}

Bryon Houlgrave said...

I'll keep my eyes on JVC.