Monday, February 11, 2008

5A hoops throwdown


West Brook's Donte Lopez (No. 11, left) drives the ball into play past Port Arthur Memorial's Shaquille White (No. 2, right) during a basketball game at West Brook High School in Beaumont on Friday, Feb. 8, 2008.


Photos by Mark M. Hancock / © The Beaumont Enterprise


West Brook's Marcus Malbrough (34, right) gets a piece of the ball before Memorial's Justin Reno (44, left) can take it to the hoop during a basketball game at West Brook High School.



West Brook's William Chu (No. 1, left) and Memorial's JeKore Tyler (No. 10, right) tumble to the floor after an off-balance run at West Brook High School in Beaumont. West Brook won the game 42-38 and advances into the playoffs.

West Brook remains in a three-way tie for first place with Humble and Kingwood. Memorial remains tied for fourth.

5 comments:

Bryon Houlgrave said...

Do you use the Beast to light basketball?

Mark M. Hancock said...

Yup. I have for years. Sometimes I arrive late and don't have time to set it up, but I try to use it whenever possible.

I plan to get another unit this year. Then, I can cross light arenas, stadiums, maybe an entire rice farm. ;-}

Bryon Houlgrave said...

Just don't cross the streams. Whatever you do, don't cross the streams.

Sorry, my little reference to Ghostbusters.

Bryon Houlgrave said...

BTW, PJ Quiz No. 11 made me laugh. I raced out of the Freeman building last night after a house fire. As ran to my car I felt naked. Not literally, as the temperature was -5 degrees with a -25 wind chill. But as I swept the dusting of snow off my car I realized I forgot the most crucial tool in taking pictures. So, my answer to No. 11 is to make sure you have YOUR CAMERA.

Mark M. Hancock said...

I believe the correct reply is, "That would be bad."
The PJ quiz question assumes the PJ has a camera and some form of recording medium (disk or film).