Thursday, August 12, 2004

Take a break

We've had two difficult blog entries in a row. Let's all take a break.

I've been placing some older photos on this blog. I have many more to add to fill out the year. I wonder if y'all would prefer I kept them at the top for a day before I moved them to where they belong, or should I keep doing it the way I have been. Some feedback would help.

I can't post current DMN images until they run somewhere (in print or online). Therefore, I'll always need to place them into previous posts later (or move them to the date I shot them). However, I could post images and leave them until my next written entry before I move them.

I'm trying to establish a style. From my own reading habits, I like to see images. So, I think others might feel this way as well.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Enough for now,


Koz said...

Keeping images associated with older postings at the top of the first page for a day or two would probably be the best way to do it, in my opinion. You might consider something like a dedicated "newest image" space at the top of your sidebar, but that's probably more work than it's worth.

Point being, I'd say: don't slip photos past the front page, straight into the archives. Sure, make their permenant home the date when they were taken, but give them a little exposure first.


Mark M. Hancock said...

Thanks. It's a plan.