Tuesday, August 01, 2006
Photo mosaic by © Mark M. Hancock / NewsEagles
Fayrouz poses as a librarian for a photo mosaic in Beaumont on Sunday, July 30, 2006. This is the first live-person, digital photo mosaic.
Exhibitor, The Art of Digital Photography Show.
Since it's difficult to tell from the online version. This image from frame 10 shows the detail level of the total image. Folks who see the image in person can see the veins in the leaves and the texture of her sweater.
For curious folks, here's the data:
* No. of frames: 36 (6 x 6 frames)
* Shooting time: about 6 hours with breaks and some problems
* Image assembly time: about 4 hours
* Approx full-scale width at 360 ppi: 12,512 pixels or 34.75 inches (2.89 feet)
* Approx full-scale height at 360 ppi: 8,465 pixels or 23.51 inches (1.96 feet)
* Approx full-scale file size: 303 Meg (expanded .jpg)
* Exposure range: f/8 at 1/250th on 200iso.
* Initial print size presentation: 34.75 x 23.51 print at 360 ppi in 40 x 32 frame.
* Number of limited-edition prints: 25 before fine art retirement (editorial, commercial and promotional uses reserved).
* Approx full-scale images are based on 1:1 printing (about 5.6 x 3.6 inches at 360 ppi). Each frame within the image could withstand enlargement to 16 x 20 inches.
* Potential size of future photo mosaics: 1070 x 1070 frames.
Enough for now,