Sunday, July 08, 2007

Flash flooding


Photos by Mark M. Hancock / © The Beaumont Enterprise

A truck turns from Highway 124 into the Market Basket parking lot in Winnie on Friday, July 6, 2007. Area flooding made several streets impassable in Chambers county.


Riley Thornton, 5, of Lufkin floats on his bodyboard over North Gayle Street in Gilchrist after flooding covered the Bolivar Peninsula street.



Vehicles take turns driving through clear passes on Highway 87 in Gilchrist after flooding covered parts of the highway. Area flooding made several streets impassable in Galveston County.

3 comments:

Bryon Houlgrave said...

Good illustration of the importance of keeping a change of clothes in your vehicle.

I've been waist-high in water twice in as many weeks. Those dry clothes were nice to change in to.

Nice shots, too. :-)

Mark M. Hancock said...

True. But I wish I changed shoes BEFORE I was up to my knees.

I got a Frog Tog suit last month. It's perfect for summer rain. Keeps me cool and dry unless I'm submerged. Waist-high water is for chest waders. ;-)

Bryon Houlgrave said...

I had a couple of assignments at a couple beaches. It was hot. The water felt good.