Monday, May 19, 2008

Moving day

Fayrouz and I move back to Dallas/Fort Worth today. I'll be offline for the next week or two as we settle into our new home in Plano.

In the meantime, I'll post some freelance gigs I've shot. These images should function as the official transition images between my time as a staff photojournalist and a full-time freelance photojournalist.

I have some commitments in Dallas (familiar publications to long-time readers). I'll also start looking for more clients once I settle down. Consequently, the scope of this blog isn't going to change much.

I've started selling stock images in Europe. While most stock photos are editorial (news), some are commercial and conceptual illustrations. Once I have a better handle on the industry, I'll post suggestions about the best way to navigate the stock photo market minefield.

Many thanks go to fellow bloggers Michael Rubenstein and Andy Goetze for their guidance and help with this process.

I plan to accomplish several tasks by the end of this year. Almost everything should appear on this blog in one form or another. Stay tuned, it could become really exciting around here.

Enough for now,

3 comments:

Phlip said...

I'll miss your work on the Enterprise . . . good luck and best wishes to y'all!


"Dallas?! That place is full of crackheads and debutantes . . . and half of 'em play for the Cowboys!"
---Hank Hill, Strickland Propane.

Mark M. Hancock said...

My work will still be here. I expect I'll have occassional shoots in Southeast Texas and Houston.

Phlip said...

That's good to hear. Your farewell slideshow is awesome! Very inspiring. And I needed it since I can't even call myself a hobbyist lately. :P