Sunday, May 08, 2005

Seeing Jesus


Pat Thompson poses for a portrait at her home in Port Neches on Friday, May 20, 2005. To her, the light shining through a blanket over her window shows the image of Jesus.
She first saw the image on May 16 about four hours before her son was in a car wreck.


Photos by Mark M. Hancock / © The Beaumont Enterprise

Her daughter died in an car accident on May 8, 1997. She thinks it could have been a message that her son would be OK. He lived through the accident.
Although she's not certain when she got the blanket, she thinks it was a gift from her daughter (before her death) because she cared enough to repair it when it had become torn.


Before anyone freaks about the image contained within the blanket, understand it required a 30-second exposure and some very delicate lighting to make it work.

Please read the related story if interested.
 

7 comments:

Laurie said...

Hi! Just wanted to pop in and say, again, how much I enjoy coming over here and seeing the pictures I see in my daily newspaper. They're so incredible online.

Mark M. Hancock said...

Thank you Laurie. I enjoy reading your blog as well. It's always good for a laugh. I hope you're feeling better. :-)

Erik Bishoff said...

I've always lacked that ability to find images of Jesus in things. It isn't one of those skills that I've spent time to develop. Maybe you can help me out here? *8)

I love the portrait. The lighting in these pictures is lovely!

Mark M. Hancock said...

She had to point it out to me before I saw it.
Personally, I look for animals in cloud formations. :-)

Marie said...

It took a moment or two, but I finally see the Jesus image. From one photog who has seen alot to another who has seen more...Great job!

David and Ari said...

If there was any remaining doubt why you moved to Beaumont - probably so you could see this!

Mark M. Hancock said...

Originally posted May 29, 2005.