Photo mosaic by © Mark M. Hancock / NewsEagles
(Above) Pete Churton poses for a Photo mosaic as "The guitarist" at his home in Beaumont on Sunday, October 8, 2006.
(Left) This is a detail (slightly smaller than scale) from frame No. 8 of this photo mosaic.
For curious folks, here's the data:
* No. of frames: 25 (5 x 5 frames)
* Shooting time: about 3 hours with wardrobe changes and breaks
* Image assembly time: about 3 hours
* Approx full-scale width at 360 ppi: 10,723 pixels or 29.78 inches (2.48 feet)
* Approx full-scale height at 360 ppi: 7,189 pixels or 19.97 inches (1.66 feet)
* Approx full-scale file size: 220.5 Meg (expanded PSD)
* Exposure range: f/11 at 1/250th on 200iso to f/2.8 at 30 seconds on 400iso depending on time.
* Initial print size presentation: 29.78 x 19.97 print at 360 ppi in 40 x 32 frame.
* Number of limited-edition prints: 25 before fine art retirement (editorial, commercial and promotional uses reserved).
* Approx full-scale images are based on 1:1 printing (about 5.6 x 3.6 inches at 360 ppi). Each frame within the image could withstand enlargement to 16 x 20 inches.
* Potential size of future photo mosaics: 1070 x 1070 frames.
Enough for now,