Saturday, March 10, 2007

The point of pointe


Emily Larkard, 21, of China goes on pointe before practice for "Cinderella" at Bonnie Cokinos School of Dance in Beaumont on Wednesday, Feb. 21, 2007. Ballet, particularly pointe, can be dangerous for the long-term health of ballerinas' feet.

Mark M. Hancock / © The Beaumont Enterprise


I posted this for the folks who don't like basketball. Considering I'm shooting not one, not two, but three championship games today (plus two days of semifinals), expect a LOT of basketball images this week.

6 comments:

Matthew said...

Hah! The first thing I thought when I saw that picture--before even reading the caption--was "Thank God, not a basketball picture!" Nine down, two to go, for me ...

Carlos Leiro said...

I like you work!!!

Congrats to you and thanks for gin¡ve us y¡the images

Matthew said...

Just to clarify my earlier comment: I do like your basketball pictures, please keep posting them. I'm just personally bkb'ed out right now after shooting 11 games in four days. I'll miss it again in a month ...

Mark M. Hancock said...

I'm with you Matthew. I'm still preparing images for the Sports department to use this week. I'm a bit hoop weary at the moment as well.
However, I know the local readers are hoops crazy this week. So, I need to post six mini-dramas.
Lamar fell this weekend, so after this week we switch to softball and baseball.

Marie said...

As a mother of a ballerina who 'competes' during the month of March, our dance is not of the round ball variety. Kinda weird given my profession. And, shooting ballet is particularly hard...

Mark M. Hancock said...

Marie,
Your young 'uns seem high-falutin' for mountain folk. Let's see, your daughters are beautiful, intellectual, courteous, play 'cello, dance ballet, knit, play field hockey, feed Harley...

Can they cook?
Either way, you're a good mom. :-)