Saturday, May 05, 2007

VideoJournalism (VJ)

Sites are listed alphabetically by blog name or PJ's last name. Let me know if a VideoJournalist (VJ) blog is missing, and I'll add it.

VJs
David Leeson's blog
David Leeson - Dallas, Texas - The Dallas Morning News
The Hot Zone
Kevin Sites - Independent / Yahoo!
News Videographer
Angela Grant - San Antonio, TX - San Antonio Express-News
UB Multimedia
Carlos Virgen - Walla Walla, WA - Walla Walla Union-Bulletin
NewspaperVideo
Chuck Fadely - Miami, FL - Miami Herald
Real to Reel
Mike De Sisti - Appleton, WI - The Post-Crescent
CinemaTech
Scott Kirsner - San Francisco, CA
Democracy Internet TV
Nicholas Reville, exec. dir. - Worcester, MA
digicade
Cade White - Abilene, Texas - Abilene Christian University
DV Guru
(Blog was abandoned, but still contains old info)
The Editblog
Scott Simmons
Flippant News
Nectarios Leonidas - New York City, NY
Fresh DV
Matthew Jeppsen and Kendal Miller
HD for Indies
Mike Curtis
The Katie Chronicles
Katie T. Damien - Asheville, NC
Little Frog in High Def
Shane Ross - Los Angeles, Calif.
Mastering Videography
Marc
Newspaper Video
Newspaper Video Links
PrepShootPost
Eric Escobar - San Francisco, Calif.
ProLost
Stu Maschwitz
Self Reliant Film
Paul Harrill - Virginia
Shooting By Numbers
Peter Ralph - Denver, Colo.
Splice Here
Steve Cohen - Los Angeles
SquiggleBooth
Ajit Anthony Prem - North Carolina
Today I Fell Like...
Lawrence Dortch - Washington DC
VideoJournalism
Cyndy Green - Stockton, CA
Video Journalist
Cade White - Abilene, Texas - Abilene Christian University
visual revolution
Brady Lane - Marshfield, WI

Info
Avid2FCP
camcorderinfo.com
Creative Cow forum
Digital Director
Digital Filmmaker
The Digital Journalist
DV info
DVX User
Ken Stone's Final Cut Pro
LA Final Cut Pro Users Group
MediaStorm
MultimediaShooter
Pro App Tips
Videoguys Blog

Multimedia
The X Degree - Melissa Worden - Sarasota, FL - The Herald-Tribune
digital_mojo - M_Fagans - Watertown Daily Times
I Feel Fine - Dan Blank
mathewingram.com/media
Multimedia Journalism : Joe Weiss - Joe Weiss - NC - Soundslides developer
Strange Attractor - Suw Charman - UK -
UB Multimedia - Carlos Virgen - Walla Walla, WA - Walla Walla Union-Bulletin

Advertising
10ton

Grab this graphic:


 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Mark, thanks for looking all those up! There's a few I didn't know about yet...Maybe I'll add them to my feed reader.

Mark M. Hancock said...

Thanks Angela. This section will continue to grow as more VJs start posting. You're doing a great job with your blog.

Unknown said...

Another thank you.

Keep up the great work. You are appreciated.

Matt Waite said...

Whoa, modesty forces me to warn you about including my site: compared to others on your list, I'm a total video journalist poser. I've done a couple and written about what I've learned, but I'm about as much of a video journalist as I am a French chef. I'd probably fit better down in multimedia (unless you're starting a poser category).