Friday, August 05, 2005

Product placement


Shoppers pass through rows of produce at the Market Basket grocery store on Phelan in Beaumont on Thursday, July 28, 2005. Grocery stores use sophisticated product placement to maximize sales. Some marketing plans include strategically placing track lighting to make fruit and other produce more appealing.

Photos by Mark M. Hancock / © The Beaumont Enterprise


A shopper pushes a cart down the cereal isle at the Market Basket grocery store in Beaumont. Some marketing plans include having bakeries near the front of the store and placing high sugar content cereals at eye level for children.

3 comments:

Bryon Houlgrave said...

I like the color assortment in these shots. I like the first one the best, but is that one of your strobes firing at the top/center of the frame? Or is it a building light?

Mark M. Hancock said...

It's the track lighting they use to make produce attractive to customers. I shot it blind overhead with my camera on the end of a monopod on my shoulder.
I had to use my right-angle viewer for the other shot.

Bryon Houlgrave said...

Wow, nice job.