Friday, August 10, 2007

Bridge City yellow ribbon


Photos by Mark M. Hancock / © The Beaumont Enterprise

Bridge City Cleaners owner Anne Segura (left) and her son Darrell Segura (right) tie a yellow ribbon onto a tree near the business in Bridge City on Saturday, Aug. 4, 2007. Segura wants all residents and businesses in the city to display yellow ribbons in support of the troops until they safely return.

I was driving back to Beaumont from Bridge City (yesterday's post) and saw them preparing this huge ribbon. I pulled over, jumped out of the car and got this shot before they finished.

Although I never met Darrell Segura before I made this image, he greeted me when I had a shoot at the Motiva plant this week. OK Mouseketeers, sing it with me, "It's a small world after all..."

2 comments:

Wanderlust Scarlett said...

It IS a small world!

I like this shot, but I wonder how many folks will put the ribbon up? People are pretty torn on the war.
As always.

I never leave home without my camera now. I have been getting those shots that I used to miss - and I'd say, 'dang, wish I had my camera!'

Still working on shooting verbs.
Timing is everything, and lighting is a close second!


Scarlett & Viaggiatore

Marie said...

I love finding shots like this.