Tuesday, February 15, 2022

PhotoJournalism 3 Million View Contest

3/13/22 Update: Congratulations to the winners. See y'all at 4 million!

2/12/22 UPDATE: I realized that I had the wrong email address, the correct email address is DFWmark21@gmail.com so I am extending the contest to 3/12/22. If you sent your information before, please send it again. Thanks!

If you like photography or photos, you can win a prize in honor of the PhotoJournalism blog getting more than 3 million views. I never expected to get 5,000 visitors, so this achievement is remarkable.

To celebrate this milestone, I'm offering a signed print of my work to three different blog visitors (one for each million views). I normally don't sign prints, so these are rare.

What's the prize?
I’ll print and mail a signed 11x14 photo print to three winners. Winners will select which print they want from any photos on my blog or Instagram feeds (personal or business) except my photo mosaics or images with © (copyright symbol) next to The Dallas Morning News.

In other words, y'all can pick any image I've posted with a © next to my name, DFWmark or The Beaumont Enterprise that isn’t a photo mosaic.

For example, this image isn't included, but this image is. They were both shot for DMN, but the first is as staff and the second is freelance. Simply look at the copyright symbol location and pick your favorite.

Older images may look out of focus on the blog, but it's an image compression problem from back when Blogger was new. They're as sharp and clear as any of the newer images.

Everyone who enters gets my monthly Information Of Value newsletter (you can download the book for free from my Google Drive). You can unsubscribe at any time.

What's the catch?
Winners will be selected in a randomized computer drawing after the contest period ends on 28 Feb. 2022. Winners’ names will be posted on the blog and those winners will be notified to select a preferred image.

Contest is limited to one entry per person/email address/phone. I need each entrant’s name, email address and phone number to verify. If the winner is under 18, the winner’s parents/guardian must approve their photo selection.

I'm only going to pay shipping inside the U.S. If the winner is outside the U.S., we can work out some arrangement to get the print to you. Otherwise, whomever wins gets a prize.

How to win?
Email your Name and phone number to DFWmark21@gmail.com. Each complete entry (name and phone number via email) will be assigned a number. On March 1, I’ll load the number of complete entries into a randomizer and allow it to pick three numbers. The people assigned to those numbers will be notified to claim their prize. I’ll need physical mailing addresses at that point for the winners.

If I only get a comment, it's not a winner. I'll add the winners’ names and general location (city, state, country) to this post when there are confirmed winners.

Good luck to all. Please share a link to this information and invite your friends to enter!

Enough for now,

No comments: