Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Try out Hello



Mark M. Hancock / © The Dallas Morning News

I made this image on my first day with The Dallas Morning News. I had a 6 a.m. shoot of a runner, and it was the first frost of the year. After I shot the runner, I laid in the frost for 30 minutes waiting for this alignment as these swans warmed themselves in the early morning sunlight. Be there, be patient and know what you want.

I chose this image to be a test for the new Hello picture assistant from Picasa and Blogger. I'll go through the blog and add some more images to make the blog make more sense.
This alone should really confuse someone in about six months when they realize I wrote for eight months without posting images on a blog about photojournalism. What can I say, I'm poor.

Once you download the free software, you can post images onto your blog without paying for hosting fees ... yet (I know, I'm cynical).

The image appears to have been sized well and the pixels held up well. You must have the image saved on your hard drive and post it to Hello. The image is then resized and posted onto the blog with the chosen border width (mine is two pixels).

Viewers can click on the image area to see a sharper, full-size image (the size we send at least).

Enough for now,

No comments: