Photo mosaics by © Mark M. Hancock / NewsEagles
Jennifer Reynolds poses for a photo mosaic with her racing bike in Port Arthur on Monday, Oct. 9, 2006. To get a competitive edge, cyclists often assemble their bikes with parts from different manufacturers.
1st Place, Illustration, NPPA Region 8 4th Quarter clip contest
For comparison to The Guitarist or The Librarian, this is a scaled 5-by-5 frame section of the image above.
As I've said before, there's no way to digitally experience these images. Detail information can give a viewer a headache. This is an approximate 1:1 section of frame No. 20.
For curious folks, here's the data:
* No. of frames: 225 (15 x 15 frames)
* Shooting time: about 3 hours with no breaks
* Image assembly time: about 9 hours
* Approx full-scale width at 360 ppi: more than 30,000 pixels or 150 inches (12.5 feet)
* Approx full-scale height at 360 ppi: more than 19,680 pixels or 98.4 inches (8.2 feet)
* Approx full-scale file size: 1,689.75 Meg (expanded)
* Exposure range: f/11 at 1/250th on 200iso to f/5.6 at 1/4th on 400iso depending on time and cloud cover
* Initial print size presentation: 32 x 21.68 LightJet print in 40 x 32 frame.
* Number of limited-edition prints: 25 before fine art retirement (editorial, commercial and promotional uses reserved).
* Approx full-scale images are based on 1:1 printing (about 5.6 x 3.6 inches at 360 ppi). Each frame within the image could withstand enlargement to 16 x 20 inches.
* Potential size of future photo mosaics: 1070 x 1070 frames ... you do the math, I've already got a headache.
Enough for now,