Friday, October 05, 2007

Blogger Play looks interesting

I got a hit from something called Blogger Play this evening. I followed the link and lost almost an hour of my life before I could stop myself from staring. According to Blogger,
Blogger Play is a real-time slideshow of photos Blogger users have recently uploaded to their blogs. It's a great snapshot of what people are thinking and posting about, right now!

It looks to have launched on Sept. 19, 2007, but this is the first hit I've noticed. I watched it on it's fastest speed and paused at some interesting images to read more. There are many stolen and/or low-quality images and an occasional "I didn't need to see that" image.

However, there's a larger-than-expected selection of high-quality images posted. I'm sure there's plenty of visual ideas-in-the-rough there as well.

Blogger Buzz states they've had a monitor showing the images to employees since they started hosting their own images, but hadn't decided to lift the veil until it was stable enough to handle the attention.

Blogger Play will show you a never-ending stream of images that were just uploaded to public Blogger blogs. You can click the image to be taken directly to the blog post it was uploaded to, or click “show info” to see an overlay with the post title, a snippet of the body, and some profile information about the blogger who uploaded it. We also wrote a Blogger Play FAQ with more information.
If anyone needs a pick-me-up, a few hundred overexposed, out-of-focus shots of pets (possibly fluffy rocks - it's hard to tell) should be enough to make most pro PJs feel better about their work. :-)

Crank up the headphones and give it a spin. Metallica's "Enter Sandman" works particularly well.

Enough for now,

No comments: