Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Central layup


Central's Lincoln Charleston takes the ball to the hoop during a high school basketball game at Central High School on Friday, Jan. 11, 2008.

Mark M. Hancock / © The Beaumont Enterprise


Central is relatively close to the office. The game started later than most, so I planned to shoot it, split and turn it out at the office.

When I got to the truck, I found some jerks (more than one) had parked in the exit lanes. My truck was trapped. Ten years ago, it would have been a major crisis. Anymore, it's an annoyance. I went back to my parking spot, pulled out the laptop and transmitted via a broadband card.

Some PJs may yearn for the "good old days." However, it's all good. I didn't need a darkroom or a phone line. I could have edited and transmitted a video if it was needed. It may not be old, but it seems pretty good to me.

Enough for now,

No comments: