Monday, July 16, 2007

Anahuac Butterfly Count


Photos by Mark M. Hancock / © The Beaumont Enterprise

Volunteer coordinator Stephanie Martinez (left to right), David Sarkozi of Houston and Stuart Marcus of Liberty examine a butterfly through binoculars during the annual Butterfly Count at Anahuac National Wildlife Refuge on Saturday, July 14, 2007.


A Viceroy Butterfly prepares to attack from a leaf during the annual Butterfly Count at Anahuac National Wildlife Refuge. The count was part of the national butterfly count held each year.



A Giant Swallowtail Butterfly searches for nectar during the annual Butterfly Count at Anahuac National Wildlife Refuge.


Video © Mark M. Hancock / DFWmark.com

This is part of the "Movie Mondays" series. Please take a moment to click the Google Video link on the video player and vote for this video (or my others).

Please also see "Butterflies Attack," the horror spoof of this video.


4 comments:

Bryon Houlgrave said...

I like the way you positioned the three people looking down with binoculars above/left of the butterfly image. Do you double as a page designer on your off-time?

Nice shots.

Mark M. Hancock said...

I've done layout in both Quark and PageMaker.
I spent today trying to become a digital musician. I figured out a few things, but I'm nowhere near where I should be - in anything.

Bryon Houlgrave said...

BTW, I love When Butterflies Attack. The music works so well. You're getting expert with video.

Mark M. Hancock said...

Thanks, I'm trying.
I'm working on something extremely cool with sound. I'll release it in a few months after I work out some bugs and protect it.