Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Photo mosaics display in Plano

Some of my photo mosaics are on display this month at the Starbucks located at 4025 Preston Rd # 602 in Plano (near the southwest corner of Preston Road and Spring Creek Parkway).

This is the first Dallas / Fort Worth metro showing of the pieces. They're available for viewing during store hours through October and into early November.

The pieces currently showing are "The Cyclist" (1st place, illustration, NPPA Region 8 quarterly clip contest), "The Librarian" (Art of Digital international juried show in Los Angeles) and "The Guitarist."

I've also displayed a signed copy of "Rita Captured" (Katie Award winner). Since the book wasn't distributed in Dallas and both runs sold out quickly, few people have seen it. The copy on display was autographed by all staff photojournalists at The Beaumont Enterprise.

I'm working with Starbuck's management to arrange an on-location photo mosaic shoot, but we haven't established at date yet. Since I've never shown how I make these pieces, it might be interesting for some folks.

If anyone wants to participate, I'll post a notice if we get the logistics and permissions worked out. The shoot itself takes at least three hours. I may do more than one piece if time allows.

Enough for now,

No comments: