Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Top hoopsters

Flower Mound High School's Renee Renz (No. 45, left) calls for a ball while Lewisville High School's Keshia Warren (No. 33, right) tries to break up the pass during a basketball game at Lewisville High School on Tuesday, December 21, 2004.

© Mark M. Hancock and The Dallas Morning News



This assignment specifically asked for both of these players in the same frame. Other than the tip-off, it was tough to show the faces of both players at the same time. Although there's no ball in this frame (it was passed elsewhere), I think it shows the competitiveness of these two top players.

4 comments:

Bryon Houlgrave said...

Their eyes are both focused on the same thing, most likely the ball. As a viewer I don't mind that the ball isn't in the frame. Through their eyes I know that there's action going on somewhere close.

I really like the lighting in your basketball shots.

Mark M. Hancock said...

It's available light. At least, it's the light I had available. ;-}

Caleb said...

I love the strobes. I recently did this for a small NCAA woman's college. Ambient light reading was 3200 ISO at 1/250 wide open. It gave me an excuse to buy some PocketWizards.

Mark M. Hancock said...

I don't know how I lived without them.