Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Texas Artists Museum


Rachel Turner with Joe Arnold Consultants (from left to right), board members Carolyn Hancock and Alice Windle wait for the unveiling of the Texas Artists Museum in Port Arthur on Tuesday, May 10, 2005. The museum has undergone several changes including a name change.

Mark M. Hancock / © The Beaumont Enterprise

Although this shot isn't stellar, the assignment was to shoot a press release event where the museum's new name would be announced. In other words, the paper expected a podium shot. I think the desk was relieved when I returned with this image instead of a talking head against a white wall.
 

5 comments:

Bryon Houlgrave said...

It's a lot more fun to look at than a podium shot. Nice job of finding the more interesting angle. I like how the ladies are all facing opposite directions ... it adds depth.

Mark M. Hancock said...

Thanks. I was happy that each one fit inside their own little boxes. I wish I had a little more light to bring out the details of the foreground element, but I was at the edge of my angle-to-light ratio, and I try to limit my crops.

Marie said...

I so hate the little man that thought that a grip n grin was a good idea. I think that all women should reconsider the podium shot--just think about it gals....and guys. Bad idea. Worse art. We need a re-education in America.

Mark M. Hancock said...

True Marie. This is why I have no G&G, dirt shovelings or ribbon cuttings in my portfolio. The one ancient hold-out still plaguing newspapers is "signing day." Once it's banned, we can all rejoice.

Mark M. Hancock said...

Originally posted May 12, 2005.