Monday, October 02, 2006

Chubby Checker concert


© Mark M. Hancock
Chubby Checker performs in concert at the historic Jefferson Theater in Beaumont on Saturday, Sept. 23, 2006.

Oct. iTunes selections

* Let's Twist Again by Chubby Checker

* Black Horse and the Cherry Tree (radio version) by KT Tunstall
* By Your Side by Sade
* Der Kommissar by After the Fire
* Gia (Original Radio Edit) by Despina Vandi
* Intuition by Jewel
* One Thing Leads To Another by The Fixx
* Satisfaction (Radio Edit) by Benny Benassi & The Biz
* South Side by Moby
* Werewolves of London by Warren Zevon

Check out the iTunes samples.

I skipped Sept. because I had to prepare a photo mosaic for The Art of Digital Photography Show in San Diego and all my cash went there. I'll post it when I catch up. :-)
 

2 comments:

CarmenSisson said...

Okay, this is just getting scary. I recently downloaded Black Horse and the Cherry Tree. Is that not the grooviest song? And Der Kommissar is STILL topping my playlists. I also dig One Thing Leads to Another, Southside, and Werewolves of London.

My football mix right now has (of all things) Shake Ya Tail Feather by Nelly and Puff Dady or P Diddy or one of those dudes (I'm not much of a hip=hopper), Get Myself Connected by Stereo MCs, and Down to the Valley by Little Axe. Picked up a nifty free iTunes song I'm liking too, Los Angeles by Sugarcult. Let's see... what else am I digging? Not California by Hem, We're No Here by Mogwai from Miami Vice II, Call Me When You're Sober by Evanesence, and Pablo Picasso by Citizen Cope. :-)

Mark M. Hancock said...

Denis Delestrac and I went to college with Pablo Picasso's grandson (also named Pablo Picasso). How strange.
"Black Horse" reminds me of "Sunrise" by Nora Jones. I love both. However, I'm wearing out "Gia" (it's got that Middle Eastern groove going on).
I forgot about "Get Myself Connected." I need to add it to the list.
The missing songs are the biggest bummer. AC-DC, Led Zepplin and others are holding out, but they're just missing the chance to sell to me (and billions of others).